• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

White connector going to under hood fuse panel

DirtyDan

I have a base 2004 Avalance 2x4 that I'm having electrical issues with. I had an electrical issue that was caused by or caused my underhood fuse panel to go bad. I replaced the fuse panel but the white connector and the pink wire to start it on the bottom of the connector that is the main ignition power feed no longer had power and I ran it to the main power post until I could get a new plug. I replaced the fuse panel, BCM, PCM, blower motor resistor, ignition switch and several other components that were destroyed in the short. After I replaced everything it ran fine but when I was able to get a new white connector from a junkyard and transferred the wires over I was interrupted by my a talkative brother-in-law who got me out of sync with my colors I think. I must have crossed two of the wires putting them back in the connector and I desperately need a diagram that shows the wiring connections or I possible someone could take several pictures of theirs so I can check and see what happened. The truck will start and run but now I have a constant drain that from the IPC/DIC and TBC Batt fuses that drain the battery over night. I didn't have this issue until I replaced the connector. The only thing i can think of is I crossed two wire some where. I am literally begging for some pictures or if someone has the manual showing the connector and the correct placing for the wires with color and what they are connected to. This truck is all I have left after a divorce 10 days ago and I have to get it running right again. I can't even park it anywhere for any length of time to go into Walmart without disconnecting the battery. Can anyone help me with a schecmatic of the plug and where the wires go or just please take pictures showing all the wires that you hae and their locations so I can fix this please?

I'd like to help you but at work right now.  I don't recall this white connector you are speaking of, nor a pink wire.  Can you give a better description of where it is?  Is it on the bottom side of the fuse block?

I'm wondering if the white wire he's talking about is the trailer harness wire, and it actually is on the outside of the underhood fuse box?

Didit

It was the white connector that plugs into the underhood fuse block. I think the location of the wire was B1 (2nd wire on the bottom from the left) It was one of the main ignition wires (Ignition 1 maybe?) that fed directly to the ignition switch and the HVAC. The plug melted and I got a fuse box new OEM for it but the connector was melted and had to be replaced along with the wire I think was labeled Ignition 1. I ended up subscribing to Alldata for a 2004 Avalanche base that has a year left on it for a vehicle that I will probably never need this type of information for it again hopefully. I was right that  when I got interrupted when moving the old wires to the new underhood fuse block connector I crossed two of them. Everything is good now and it's running fine again without a draw. If anyone needs some information from alldata for for a 2004 Avalanche let me know as I hate to know that I had to pay for a 1 year subscription to get one connector diagram. By the way all of this was caused by a blower resistor short that burned wires, PCM, BCM, Instrument cluster, HVAC controls, underhood fuse box and one connector. This right after I put a new crate motor (from the Intake to the oil pan), transmission, ball joints, bearings, shocks, brakes (ceramic pads, discs, calipers both front and back and flushed the system completely), U-Joints, all hoses, belts, windshield washer bottle and pump, alternator, waterpump, thermostat, new speakers, New Destination LE2 tires with around 500 miles on them and probably several other things I've forgotten just to make sure it stayed in the absolute best condition for my wife oand our kids just for her to cheat on me and take off. So I've fixed it up completely so the next person won't have a single issue with it and I'm going to sell it just to get rid of the memories that come with it and help with my daughters college bills. If you're in the Charlotte, NC area hit me up if you are interested.

Also, Everything that I listed that had shorted out has been replaced also along with the burnt wires. Thank goodness I was an ASE Mechanic before or all of this work would've cost me a fortune. I've done everything myself including the rebuild of the transmission with red alto clutches and several other "goodies" that will make this transmission last as long as the truck as whoever buys it keeps the fluid changed on schedule.

AVAWESOME Dan, glad you got it figured out, even with the subscription to all data though, doing the work yourself, you still saved money!  BTW  welcome to the club.

Didit

If I didn't need the money I'd drop the twin turbo LS3 I have built for a sleeper I was working on in it. But my daughters college comes first no matter what so I have to sell it. I don't know though, the more I fix it up the better a 1100+ HP Avalanche would really mess with people at the track, lol. Not sure how much I'd have to strengthen the frame though for it to hold that much power and not twist it up bad like I did my 93 Camaro with a 396 LT1 with a 300 shot of nitrous.

Just to let everyone know if you need info for your truck I have the ALLdata subscription until 08/15/2017 and I can pull up what you need as soon as I am able to. I subscribed for a base 2004 Avalanche but I'm willing to help whenever I can. If you hit a big project and need a lot of things I will even help you out more by sharing my login if I need to. I hate to waste a subscription that I paid for a year for to get two wire locations.

Back