• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'08 with low volume from RSA

RichB82

Hey everyone, picked up my 08 last month, and I'm having issues with the volume coming from the headphones with the RSA. I *think* it was louder when I picked it up, then a few days after there was a loud pop from the speakers, and I feel like ever since that happened the volume is way too low. I've tried a few different sets of headphones, and even hooked up  my headphone amp to it and that barely helped at all.  Is there a chance the internal amp for that system blew or something? I have no idea how the RSA system works or what it uses, I just know my 6 year old son is quite displeased he can't listen to his DVD audio through headphones :( I hate to bring it to a dealer unless it's my last option, and I don't know anyone else in my area with a GM truck with the same system installed that I can compare it to, to see if something actually is wrong with mine.

Anything in particular I can look at?

Back