• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

12v accessory outlets

Wraith24

I have a 2004 Avalanche 1500 Z71.  All the fuses are good in both fuse compartments.  The cig lighter works but the 12v outlet next to it won't and the one in the console for the back seat won't either.  I even replacedo the outlets and no luck.  I know this has probably been asked before but any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

I believe they are on the same circuit. Really is likely a blown fuse and you have missed it. Did you check both the under hood fuse box and the left side of the dash?

Double check the fuse labelled AUX

The only two fuse panels we checked were under the hood and beside the drivers door.  I wasn't aware that there were fuses that pertained to the outlets somewhere else.

There is also a fuse panel under the brake pedal.
I now it has the door & seat fuse can?t remember what else is there.

I had the same issue - a stupid phone charger kept shorting the fuse.

The one in the back is in under the hood in the fuse block.

I believe it is marked, "warning: disconnecting this fuse may result in backseat passengers being forced to actually communicate instead of focusing on their phones."

I believe it is marked, "warning: disconnecting this fuse may result in backseat passengers being forced to actually communicate instead of focusing on their phones."

Good one ! !

Back