• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bye Bye to my 2005 AV

Mike2005

Well, one of my daughters was in a car accident a few weeks back. She's ok thank goodness, but her car was totaled.  She does ok as a nurse but felt dejected and didn't want a new car payment.  I can't say I blame her.  Even a good used car would get trashed where she parks in this huge public lot at her hospital.  So dad to the rescue and I told her she could have the AV.

I've had it since new except for some demo miles.  It now about 192,000 and the expected dents and dings of a daily driver, house hold mule and hunting buddy.  No major mechanical issues - small things over time and a newly unresolved EBCM issue - replacement is in the mail but didn't arrive in time for me to change it.  So it gets mailed for her mechanic to install.

So, I'm bidding a fond farewell to my Avalanche.  I really really enjoyed that vehicle.

Thanks everyone for all the advice over time.  I'm hanging around so don't erase my membership.  I'm still lurking just in case she has issues and I need this great group of folks again.

Peace and best to all.

Mike

Well, this is a FAN club, not an OWNERS club.

I would assume anyone and everyone is welcome to be here.

Maybe there will be another Avalanche in your driveway at some point down the line.

That would be cool.

I can't think of a better thing to give a son/daughter.

Well done, sir.

(y)

Mike2005 said:
Thanks everyone for all the advice over time.  I'm hanging around so don't erase my membership.  I'm still lurking just in case she has issues and I need this great group of folks again.

From AV owner to AV owner's dad happens, we have several members that joined the club before they were old enough to drive that were the only reason Dad didn't trade in "their" truck. The club is like family for many of us and your truck is still in the family,...
What better purpose for the faithful steed than to serve out it days as the chariot for your daughter, a nurse, whose career choice is to give succor to those in need.

Great post Mike2005

Well Guys, those replies are great food for thought.  Having the AV still in the family and looking at it in the true sense of FAN CLUB is a perspective I didn't initially take - I guess I took the "owner" thought.  But my brain doesn't always function like the rest of the world so I've noticed.

Thanks so much.

Back