• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chasing codes need help !!

ramsinga

Chasing down ABS codes today

2005 Av 4x4  :E:

Scanner showed this :

C0226 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Missing
        - Right Front Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

C0267 - Low Brake Fluid Indicated ( but reservoir is full ?? )
        - Motor Circuit Fault Detected

I am getting stumped looking for info on these  :E: both codes show 2 different problems.  I am no mechanic and usually good at researching on the internet ... but this time I am stumped  :beating: :E:

Well maybe your front wheel speed sensor is out which is in the hub so you have to replace or check wiring.

Your c0267 is actually a abs code, so get the hub replaced and it may go away also.

I'm having the exact same codes come on. I've chanced both wheel hubs and still no luck. My ABS light is on and it's causing havoc with my truck. Did you ever get it figured out???

When you replaced hubs did you reuse the original speed sensors or did your hub come with new ones? If you replaced whole assembly check the wiring for breaks or signs of damage.

Also, did you make sure you pulled the code to insure the proper sensor was replaced? Our trucks are prone to front sensors going bad due to rust in the front hubs but the rear has either one sensor on the rear end or for each rear wheel. I have not looked on mine to see where they are. I know on my '94 caprice they put a single sensor on the rear differential but newer vehicles at some point likely have them at all 4 corners.

Since you said you replaced both front hubs it makes me wonder if you were shooting in the dark or following codes.

Rodney

My 02 only has front sensors. I thought how can this be with a traction package? After some thought I figured it only had to compare drive shaft speed to actual speed of the front wheels to figure out the rears were slipping and retard the timing. It could still be the dreaded bad solder joints in the BCM. I've had both in my rig.

Back