• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking at 2004 Z71

jmbking

Thinking about purchasing a 2004 AV, 1 owner, very clean, with 79K miles.
http://imgur.com/a/uiJBt
mzTrZDA
DHF2OIF
TbdvyyU

KBB shows private party price of $11K. Tough to find any this old with that low of mileage. Has been garage kept all it's life, a little rust on the step bars and minor chips, but overall in great condition.

Runs fine, no leaks, and the only thing I noticed was a slight whine when turning the wheel to the right. Does $11K sound about right to you guys?

Thanks,
Matt
mzTrZDA

First welcome to the website!

From the photos it looks like a nice AV that has some aftermarket stuff like the side steps and rims. Does the owner have any maintenance or repair receipts to show that it was maintained as well as stored?
I see you have used KBB which is good, you may want to also check www.edmunds.com to see if there is any difference in pricing based on your part of the country.
The owner's pricing may be higher since they have 12 years of ownership and are bound to have emotional ties to the AV.
Trying to price a vehicle is all about supply and demand and some parts of the country sell AVs well with things like 4wd in snow country but get affected by things like gas prices. The problem with asking any public board about fair pricing is you really don't know the source and could end up with someone posting the got tons of money from selling or trading their AV or they got a used AV for pennies on the dollar. We do have many good honest members on this site so hopefully they will respond to you.
I would trust your research and only you know if the AV is worth it to you, if so then buy it and have many happy and safe miles in your new to you AV.

That is a nice looking AV. Not sure about the wheels though.

mzTrZDA.jpg

Yeah, the price will seriously depend on the condition of the vehicle and what you need to pay to maintain. I figure I pay about $100 / month right now to maintain my Avalanche. Have a mechanic check it out.

You probably already bought it since it was over a month ago. 

Anyways, I just bought my avalanche 2004 z71 75k on it.  Everything in pretty good condition.  Needed a few minor things such as driver side mirror had a crack and a small dent in driver door, hardly noticeable.  It came with a bed cap/camper. He had basic maintenance records, but not major maintenance.  I paid 10k for the avy and this was in PA.  Judging by what I went through I would say 11k for that one seems reasonable. 

Back