• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I finally Finished my Truck

Tugboatscotty

PM 2014
PM 2013

I finally got around to dipping my Avy. I bought the Pro truck kit, from dipyourcar. I originally dipped the whole truck, but the dip didn't seem to hold up very well on the cladding so i removed the dip from that and just re-painted it. I tried the Krylon supermaxx stuff but just didn't like it, I have used it on metal and it worked great. I had to go find places on line and order Krylon Fusion which works much better, I wish they'd bring that stuff back.

7 Coats of matte back on the body, 5 coats on the wheels. The accents are electric lime green. I have added another light bar to the brushguard but took the picture before i put it on. I thought about doing the "Chevrolet" on the tailgate in that green too but I figured that would be too much.

I'm going to try to get some better pictures later this week and post them.

Thanks guys. My wife thought it was going to look stupid, but now that im done she wants the van done in  Flex Blue.....

at first the green was to much bling for me after reading all the posts and going back to look some more you hit it. well we will look for the van soon. That's what modding is doing it your way.

(y)

oh yeah, the green was a real struggle for me too. I originally dipped the whole wheel green. It was WAY to much, then I went all black, but then i did 2 of them with the green accents and it just looked good to me so i left it.

Man I love it! I'm curious... how did you do the wheels? I've been wanting to to black my wheels but leave the parts you have green as unpainted. Seems like it'd be very tedious to mask those parts off... wondering if you had tips you could share?

Just a lot of time and a roll of tape. I just taped off the entire wheel but those sections. It would probably be easier if you wanted to leave those unpainted. Just tape the off and paint. Just make sure you remove the tape while the paint is still wet or you will remove some of your paint when you pull the tape off

Back