• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Q Bomb from Ebay (vminnovations)

supermanotorious

Placed it in the AV for a test fit. It's snug and I absolutely hate the fact, the rubber surrounds will be touching the floor. I do like the bedliner coat though. Not sure if I'll stick with it. We have a dope car audio supply here in P-Town and I should've called them first. That's on the agenda for manana.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 119
called Rabadi and Sons, they have the box for $99 but it's also a down fire. and knowing them, it will be carpeted, not bed linered (that's a word, right?) so I'll prob mount a couple rubber or wood feet to the edge of the box that does not have a "lip" to lift the box approx 1/2" or so

Yours fit way better than mine... I had to trim my box to fit the seat and had to install some large washers to lift the seat to get the seats to even begin to drop on it.

I put protective grates on my speakers but yes they suck...
I paid like $75 for my box.

Rodney

The Qbomb is pretty shallow with a 4.5" top mount depth and that's prob why I have more under seat clearance than you do, I got Kicker CompRT 43CWRT102 shallow mount subs (3 7/16" top mount depth) for the box

Same exact box that I have. I was complaining about how poorly it fit in my truck and others mentioned lifting the seats with large washers.

The speakers I used fit but were not really shallow mount subs. I will be going to a midgate box.

Rodney

I have the hifisoundconnection box/sub package. Box had daylight coming through the partical board seams so I caulked everything inside before installing.

The only problem I ran into was the hifisoundconnection box doesn't fit properly under the rear seat on the passenger side. The bottom seat trim pan hits the box enough that you can't latch the seat back down with the box installed. I removed the bottom pan (6 torx bolts) and it all works again for the time being.

Linky:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,136118.msg2040240.html#msg2040240

ugh, upon further review, I can not get the passenger side seat to catch, and I didn't know I could not lay down the midgate with this box. I don't anticipate having to lay it down often so I suppose when I do, I'll just have to take the box out

Back