• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear left Door

Maniac

Hello all,

I ve a curious problem, can't open the Door, i guess that the switch is faulty, when i use the remote the others doors works without problem. On rock auto they have many diff?rent models, not easy to choose the right one.  Anti teft system would  said doors lock automatically?

Other question, how to remove the panel when the door is closed?

Many thanks

What do you mean the door remains locked or the handle does not work?

You cannot open from inside or slide the unlock thingy?

Try prying off the cover of the lock thingy... and there should be rod behind... then you can move it to lock or unlock.... then you should be able to open door.

Now if door handle mechanism broke... I have no idea... maybe remove cover over door handle and try linkage by hand

I'm guessing is the door lock actuator is faulty

but if you can see on rockauto, they exist so much model to choose the right one

I replaced mine long time ago because the power lock thing broke.

Simple change bought frmo ONLINE CHEVY PARTS dealer.

Maniac said:
Hello all,

I ve a curious problem, can't open the Door, i guess that the switch is faulty, when i use the remote the others doors works without problem. On rock auto they have many diff?rent models, not easy to choose the right one.  Anti teft system would  said doors lock automatically?

Other question, how to remove the panel when the door is closed?

Many thanks

What happens to me is sometimes both rear doors wont open with the remote, like if they don't have enough juice to pop the locks.  Its very weird but I don't use my back doors very often so I don't really worry about it.

Maniac said:
is a very curious problem, now it works
Need lubricant maybe?
The contacts on the electrical connections may be getting corroded.  I'm not sure where they are, but track them down and clean them.

Back