• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Is this a 2011?

stephenhughes

I've spotted a nice looking Avalanche that I like but am confused by how its equipped. It is advertised as a 2011 but it has the larger third brake light and painted sail/side rails. I thought that these two features only appeared on the 2013. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Read build label on the drivers door jamb.

The tire pressure sticker...

it lists model year.

Or run VIN number in a web search

If I remember correctly the EXT third brake light was offered as an option on 2011 and 2012 AVs for about $400 extra then in 2013 it was standard on all AVs. But as mentioned several owners added the light and smooth cladding on their own for about $1,200 in parts,paint plus labor.

Vaeagleav said:
If I remember correctly the EXT third brake light was offered as an option on 2011 and 2012 AVs for about $400 extra then in 2013 it was standard on all AVs. But as mentioned several owners added the light and smooth cladding on their own for about $1,200 in parts,paint plus labor.

Yes sir. It was an option in 2011 and 2012, but I believe only in Black, Silver, and White Diamond, possibly bright white, but I am not entirely sure.

Back