• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stripped threads on abs pump

buckeye61

So I replaced the brake line on my 06 Avalanche because one of the rear ones rusted thru. While reconnecting the lines to the abs module, I stripped the threads on the module. Question is has anyone tried heli coils to fix threads? I tried to tap it but there wasn't much to tap as most of the threads came off on the fitting. Any other options would be appreciated. I will probably end up buying a used part to replace this one. Thanks in advance for any input.

IMO replace it, don't try to fix it.

:welcome: to the club  :wave:

Ya I found a used on off of an escalade. Now I have brakes but still get the " service brake system" and "stability sys disabled". Also the traction control and brake idiot lights are on.
Does this system need a reflash or something to make these go away or is there something else going on?
Thanks

I forgot on my other post, there is also a ticking coming from under the dash when the brakes are applied. Anyone had these symptoms? How did u fix?

Are you sure the one you put on was good, see if you can get the brake codes read with a scanner

Just checked with scanner. No codes at all. Also abs idiot light is not lit.

Back