• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Enhanced Tool Box Locks

SF Paladin

I totally about this  truck. I find only weakness in the locking mechanism for the tool boxes. Has anyone found this to be an issue and have you done anything with it?

I just lock mine and never had anyone bother them. BTW we call them saddlebags

Same.  I've never had a problem just locking them. Oh, and  :welcome: to the club.

Appreciate the nomenclature correction.  As I was looking at the saddlebags as a means to transport personal weapons, I was hoping for a means to make them more secure.

Are you talking a hand gun or a long gun

For smaller "valuables" you should consider a Console Vault, easy to install, very secure and things can be placed in it very discretely vs. standing outside the AV and using the saddlebags which aren't as secure or water tight.
http://www.consolevault.com/
They do custom work I believe and you may want to contact them about a secure box under the rear seat for larger things.
FYI it helps if you put your year and model AV in your signature because some answers to questions vary from year to year or model type. That way you won't have to repeat yourself when asking other questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    74 KB · Views: 119
I bet if you're handy with metal you could build a console vault style kid that fits under the factory saddle bag lids

Yeah, do the vault - I will own one on every truck I buy from now on. I use one bag for towing/hauling/fishing gear and the other for jackets/blankets/seat covers. Even with stronger locks, the composite lids are not too secure...

Or just, you know, keep 'em visible.

435e0619146736ed2c6f7b3e970e4f60.jpg

even better, just do what my great grandfather (third from left) did on his car back on the ranch in Wyoming. Use a strap.

HakeRanch.jpg

Back