• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

EBCM replaced?.now got a new light on...

Mike2005

Hi Folks, 

A few weeks ago I gave my 2005, LT 1500 Avalanche to my daughter.  She is in Texas, I'm in Washington.  I had been having brake warning light issues that, by the forum, lead me to the EBCM. Unfortunately the EBCM arrived the day she took off on her return home trip. So I no longer have the truck and she had to have the module installed after she got back home.

The replaced EBCM was a reconditioned box from Rock Auto and was installed by her local Dallas mechanic.  It seems to have taken care of the ABS/Brake light and message concerns.  BUT, since the replacement, now the "no traction control" light is on and not responding to the task button on the dash.

Can this be connected to the EBCM - as in something faulty on the inside of the module - or are we now looking at something different and just coincidental to the replacement?   She's telling me the light has been on since the module was switched. 

Thanks.

Mike

Have her get the brake codes read and cleared it could be a old code.

It could be something as easy as a wheel hub, but without the code no telling what it is.

Mike2005 said:
(y)

I'll be baaaaack?..

if I need to!!

Thanks

Could you please let me know what you find? Could be related to my post below, which I just posted after you posted yours.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,150583.0.html

I spoke to my daughter.  She got the codes read, no codes popped up. She says the traction light went off, but has come back on again. 

I'm at a big disadvantage since she is in Dallas and I am in Seattle.  She has the AV.  Any thoughts as to whether this may be related to the newly placed refurbished EBCM box that was put in??

Thanks

Need to have the code read by someone with a more expensive reader that can read brake codes.

MOST readers do not read GM Brake codes and only pull basic diagnostic codes.

Worst case is that it might be worth the .5 hour service fee to have a dealer pull the correct code if she doesn't have multiple parts places that she can try.

Rodney

Back