• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Are avs selling for a premium?

stephenhughes

I've found a super clean 2009 LTZ 4x4 loaded with 71k, new michelins, a new dash, interior and exterior appear nearly new, and a clean carfax. It's being sold by a private party who wants 24.900. KBB states around 22900. Are avies going for more than Kelley? I'm ok with his asking price util i found out it was 2k more than KBB, so will likely buy it regardless, but will try to negotiate for lower sale price when I look at it this weekend.

Check out TRUE CAR.

Alsojust search for other similar equiped avys for what they are going for.

Remember you as the buyer set the market when you offer a price and he accepts...

Good Luck

I would follow the advice of above posters. It is always a matter of "supply and demand" when pricing anything. The seller may have an emotional attachment to the AV and thinks it's worth more than it really is and things like cheap gas prices and demand for 4X4 in your area if you live in a snow belt could increase the demand part. The seller is also bombarded with friends and relative's advice that "you can always get higher sale price if you sell it on your own vs. trade-in etc."
You may be able to find a weakness if you can ask some questions like why are you selling the AV? If his answer is to buy a new vehicle then you might stress the fact of a quick cash sale will get him his money for the new vehicle sooner then holding out for a higher price that may not happen for a long time......
Good luck!

Insurance gave me $16,400 for my loaded '04 Arrival blue Z71, 52,000 miles. I'd been offered high trade-in value by dealers numerous times, 4x4 AVs have a good resale value in Michigan. Undercoated new and rust free make a big difference. Mine was special though, loaded low mileage cladded in that color just don't exist.

Decided to go ahead and buy it, even though it is for a price above KBB. I got him down to 24K even. Will post pics (link to) soon.

Good for you sir, If you like it buy it. (y)

Nice looking truck.

(y)

EXT4ME said:
Nice looking truck.

(y) 

Ditto, I looked at it earlier then attempted to repost the image to guidelines too but fouled up.

Nice truck, nice photo and good job EXT4ME as I kept screwing up the code somehow.

When you are on the PhotoBucket page for the picture, click in the box to the right side that says "IMG".

This will copy that code to your computer's clipboard memory.

Come back to your new post and click where you want the picture to appear.

Right click at that spot and choose to "paste" the code.

Click "Preview" to make sure everything looks like you intend.

If all looks good, click "Post".

(y)

I tried several different combinations of that process but was using the buttons above. Thanks for the compliments on the truck, i am glad that I bought it. I had to drive over 4 hours to buy it but it ended up going well. The truck drives and rides very nice but has a couple minor issues. The front brakes seem to pulsate a little on hard braking so will probably need to be looked at, and the driver side power mirror will not retract. All issues for a later date. I opened the mid gate and removed the rear window last night and it doesn't seem like it has been used much as I had to pull on the gate in order to get it to come loose and lower. Also, I want to remove the dealer sticker on the tailgate too as I HATE advertising on my vehicle.

EXT4ME said:
Click "Preview" to make sure everything looks like you intend.

If all looks good, click "Post".

Great instructions which I'm quite familiar with but,...
All didn't look good when I clicked "Preview" so I didn't Post.

stephenhughes - the mid-gate will stick a bit if it hasn't been opened, the flap that flips down between the cab and box has been know to break on unused mid-gates so maybe spray something like silicone or Armor All protectant on dry plastic or rubber parts.

The dealer sticker is easy, a hairdryer on hot should work then use an alcohol wipe to remove any stickum

stephenhughes said:
Decided to go ahead and buy it, even though it is for a price above KBB. I got him down to 24K even. Will post pics (link to) soon.

I feel that I overpaid for my '04. But I remember that all the "good deals" I saw in the ads were never available when I called. Or there was more to the story once I actually got the seller on the phone.  Nice truck, enjoy.

Back