• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Michelin LTX M/S, Michelin LTX M/S2, or defender Michelin LTX M/S??

LeBois

Hello all,

Loving my '03 Z71 still after all these years. Original owner and only vehicle I ever bought new off the showroom floor. In 2007 I put on a set of Michelin LTX M/S, P265/70R17. Best tire purchase I ever made. Getting worn low now after 65000 miles, and want buy another set of the exact same tire.

The problem is that I don't think they're available now? I keep seeing references to the Michelin LTX M/S2 or the Defender Michelin LTX M/S. How different are these tires from the original LTX. Anyone have opinions on these "new" LTX tires vrs. the old originals I love so much? Thanks for any info. Randy

I never had the original M/S tire, but I really like the m/s2 I have on my AV. I'm on the second set the outer tread allows water to escape under the tire so it makes a great rain tire. The people behind you are going to hate you because they throw quite a bit of spray LOL.

I started with BF Goodrich KOs they are good in snow but I found the ms2 are as good and I don't do any off roading.

Attachments

• ms2.GIF
    ms2.GIF
    63.8 KB · Views: 105
Thanks ms03 2500, are your tires  relatively quiet, and handle average road bumps pretty smoothly?

You bet they are, that's one of the reasons I went with them

I've used both. 2 or 3 sets of the originals and one of the  m/s 2 . I didn't think I got even close to the same mileage out of the MS2 as I had 65k on at least two sets of the originals. With that being said I also had over 640,000 miles on my E350 7.3  which 200,000 was mine and I never gave it a alignment even after replacing a couple ball joints and inner tie rod so I can't complain it may have been my fault.

Traction wise I couldn't tell a difference in any weather that I felt was a tire issue .  All in all the MS and MS 2 I'd say best road tire I've ever purchased AMD if it's an option I won't buy anything else if I'm going street look. Stay away from Pathfinder line up from Discount tire holy side wall role!

I Just bought a set of 4 Bridgstone Alenza Plus tires from Discount tire 265/70-18 for $142 each. plus I get a $70 pre paid visa card. (80.000 miles tires) Just as good as Michelin imho

Back