• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

does a silverado door fit an avalanche?

strawberry

I need a rear passenger side door. someone has one off of a Silverado but the cladding is different
is it possible to put the cladding from the avalanche door, onto the Silverado door?  I need to know
this before purchasing it.  Any help would be appreciated. I tried to find videos on youtube but had
no luck.  Thanks

Since you have a 02 cladded Av no the Silverado door will not work.

MS03 2500 said:
Since you have a 02 cladded Av no the Silverado door will not work.
Im getting mixed up information. People are saying the cladding can easily be put on the Silverado
door since I believe it merely clamps on.  some are saying it wont work.... im confused

The outer skin sheet metal of the doors and fenders of the cladded model trucks is specially shaped to accommodate the shape of the cladding.

There are pictures on the forum where the truck owner has the cladding removed for some type of project or body work.

While a Silverado door may or may not attach to your truck at the door hinges and close (I have never seen anyone actually try that, however) the cladding IS NOT going to mount to the outer skin of the Silverado door.

On a side note, I recently had to find replacement body parts for a 1993 Ford Explorer that I own that was in an accident.

I can tell you from that experience that practically any body panel or door you could possibly need can be found, if you take the time to look.

I bet, with my recent pass experience, that you could most likely even find a replacement door of the same color of your truck and not even have to worry about paint.

We found fenders and body panels of the exact color of my Explorer.

And that is a truck from 1993.

It took some time and effort, but those parts are out there.

I even found a ton of body parts for my 2004 EXT, not that I needed any, but they were out there.

So I would stop trying to make something that won't fit work and give it a go at finding some parts that will work.

Good luck with your project!

(y)

EXT4ME said:
The outer skin sheet metal of the doors and fenders of the cladded model trucks is specially shaped to accommodate the shape of the cladding.

There are pictures on the forum where the truck owner has the cladding removed for some type of project or body work.

While a Silverado door may or may not attach to your truck at the door hinges and close (I have never seen anyone actually try that, however) the cladding IS NOT going to mount to the outer skin of the Silverado door.

On a side note, I recently had to find replacement body parts for a 1993 Ford Explorer that I own that was in an accident.

I can tell you from that experience that practically any body panel or door you could possibly need can be found, if you take the time to look.

I bet, with my recent pass experience, that you could most likely even find a replacement door of the same color of your truck and not even have to worry about paint.

We found fenders and body panels of the exact color of my Explorer.

And that is a truck from 1993.

It took some time and effort, but those parts are out there.

I even found a ton of body parts for my 2004 EXT, not that I needed any, but they were out there.

So I would stop trying to make something that won't fit work and give it a go at finding some parts that will work.

Good luck with your project!

(y)
You are right.  If it wont fit, then it wont fit. The dents on the door are small.....but im a perfectionist
and don't want any dents at all.  I really don't think ill put a new door when the dents are so small I
can have them repaired too easily.  theres 3 small dents . my first quote to repair is 200.00  is that fair?

$200 sounds reasonable.  Many years ago I had a vehicle that was caught in a hail storm.  I think it was around $60 per "ding" which would come to $180 so $200 for three all these years later sounds about right.  This is far and away your better option than trying to force a Silverado door onto your Avy.

One other thing to consider with yours, the cladding on an '02 is lighter in for than the '03 - '06.  If the cladding on a body panel you plan to replace is in good shape, you can always swap it out.  If your cladding is damaged, and your cladding is original vs. having been painted, your are further limited to '02 parts.  Otherwise your cladding colors won't match and that will drive you nuts if you're a perfectionist.

"I really don't think ill put a new door when the dents are so small I
can have them repaired too easily.  theres 3 small dents . my first quote to repair is 200.00  is that fair?"

That is hard to say when we have limited information about the job........How big are the dents? (Photos might help.) Is it going to be a repair with removing the inside skin and pounding it out and primer and paint? Or is it some paintless dent removal procedure like what Dent Doctor does?
Also what part of the country is this being done since labor rates can vary? Is this being done by a paint shop or some friend in a garage etc?

Good luck with your repairs.......

Back