• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Carbon Fiber gauge

Dan 0

Does anyone know why a 2013 Avalanche Z71 doesn't have the carbon fiber gauges or Z71 logo on speedo?

Vehicle has Z71 Rpo code
Flared wheel wells
Z71 stickers on bed
Skid plate

First welcome to the website.
Did you buy this AV new or get it used?
If used maybe the original owner had the gauge cluster replaced?

Otherwise I would guess that several things were decontented in 2013 due to it being the last year and maybe the supply of Z71 gauges were exhausted so the used standard gauges?

Purchased used- I am second owner, was in Canada, now USA...  although title shows clean, was wondering if it may have been in accident.  Cant find another Z71 without dash logo.  It doesn't appear to be an option to have the dash logo and its clearly a Z71 on the outside.

However this is my second AV and wish I could have purchased a 2017!!!

I would imagine two possibilities then.......
Maybe Canada models had a more standard dash? (hopefully a Canada member can verify one way or the other.)
Second maybe the dealer or importer changed dash cluster to convert from kilometers to miles per hour and didn't get a Z71 specific replacement?

Dan 0 said:
Good thought - maybe it was changed from kil to miles...

English to metric can be changed at will by the owner/operator in the DIC.

Wouldn't be surprised by anything on the final Z's.  Pretty sure you couldn't even get power folding mirrors.

I have a couple of friends who have imported US cars into Canada, and one item that had to be replaced was the speedometer.  Did not matter that the gauge had kilometres in smaller type set along with the miles - it had to be replaced so that the kilometres was the larger type set.  I would hazard a guess that Vaeagleav is absolutely correct. 

I guess when anything is purchased other than new, there is always the possibility that things are not what you might think.  A few years back, when I first received my Avalanche, I decided to debadge it, so I had two external "Z 71" badges from the rear "C" pillars.  A guy wanted them, so off they went.  But I don't think they went onto a Z71.  I guess at some point in the future, someone is going to be thinking hard about that truck, too.  Is it, or isn't it???

Michael

strange said:
I guess when anything is purchased other than new, there is always the possibility that things are not what you might think.  A few years back, when I first received my Avalanche, I decided to debadge it, so I had two external "Z 71" badges from the rear "C" pillars.  A guy wanted them, so off they went.  But I don't think they went onto a Z71.  I guess at some point in the future, someone is going to be thinking hard about that truck, too.  Is it, or isn't it???

Michael

I never understood why anyone would want RPO codes in big bold letter on the side of their truck. Pretty easy to look at the glove box door to see if it's the real thing.

Z71,zr1, z28, SS, zl1, z06, z66, etc etc more about bragging rights to your neighbor that you have one cool Azz machine..

moosc said:
Z71,zr1, z28, SS, zl1, z06, z66, etc etc more about bragging rights to your neighbor that you have one cool Azz machine..

Lol, yea, because anyone really gives a damn that you have special shocks or a skid plate on your truck?    :laugh:

I would understand if it was something rare, like a Yenko designation. But believe me, no one is impressed by you & the other 300000 Z71s.

Whether it's an RPO code or a designation such as Roush, Yenko etc. it only matters to the owner and the nearby other people if they fully understand what they are looking at.....and they care about that feature. I have known some people who only cared about the color of a vehicle and it didn't matter whether it was a Volkswagen or Vette it had to be cute!?
I never liked the fender decals for "4X4" and always felt like adding a "=16" to help solve the math problem the decal was displaying. Well now I have it on a badge on my Z71...oh well......

Attachments

• IMG_0049 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0049 (Small).JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 55
Back