• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Advice to replace the plastic running board cover for '02?

El Duderino

Couple days ago I noticed my passenger side running board cover, the gray plastic part, is gone. The aluminum bracket and stuff is all still there, just the plastic cover is gone.

Any suggestions on trying to find one? I've tried a local car salvage place, but no luck.

Is it just going to be easier to replace them with some nerf bars? If you have some nerf bars, what size do you think would be good?

Thanks for your help.

Check that the frame where the framing mounts to is solid. Assuming that is the case unless you find one online I suggest looking at after market steps. Will likely be cheaper in the long run and wouldn't go to the dealer since they have a dramatic increase in pricing.

Rodney

The running boards are held on by four to six u shaped clips with barbs on them. when I checked mine I saw that i was missing some and I went and riveted them on, for finding the 02 cladded running boards you're going to have to do what others have said.  R.

Back