• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cracked Dash

Dan 0

Anyone know how well these dash repair guys do on cracked dashes?  Or how much it would cost to replace the dash?

Future- What's the best way to prevent a cracked dash?

Any luck with 303 spray or dash Mat? Do they really work?  Any recommendations on dash mats?

First welcome to the site.
Since you have a 2013 AV you may want to try a dealer first sine cracking dashes are a known problem and there is a slight chance they may offer a "good faith" replacement for your dash. If not maybe even GM customer service so they can document a claim.
I'm not sure a vinyl repair job would be a permanent repair since reading old threads about this issue it appears to be a design flaw due to shape of dash and lack of supports to keep the dash from flexing.
One or two members have threads with photos about homemade repairs with adding their own braces but not sure how that has held up over time though.
I have used a DashMat brand dash cover on all my AVs to prevent UV rays damage and cut glare on the windshield. It's been years but I remember reading that products like Armour-all on dashes and tires can actually ruin the surfaces over time. I believe the mat slowed the plastic deterioration down on my 2008 AV but a couple years ago I had the rattle and crack and had it replaced by my dealer. Sorry I don't remember the price in parts or labor. 

I don't know of anyone that has had success w/ repairs.
I developed the passenger airbag crack on my 08 in 2014 and had the gauge cluster hump crack start back in May/June of this year.  Super glue has been holding the cluster crack together for about 6 months now, but i don't suspect it's going to make it through the winter.
Some members have had success w/ Texas Dash Covers Overlay.  It's about as factory looking as you can get without a full factory replacement. I'm considering doing this in the spring unless a find a full dash on the cheap in the interim.
http://www.txdashcovers.com/07yutasuavde.html
I would definitely consult your dealer first though.

Back