• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Does EBCM replacement also resolve 4WD issue?

ngrome

So I'm going to delve into this common issue of having the EBCM unit replaced or repaired.  This link was posted in previous threads, and I noticed interestingly on Step 11 that some under the Removal instructions that electronic 4WD will not work until the ABS unit is reinstalled.  So will repairing this possibly resolve the fact that my 4WD is not functioning on my 02 AV 1500?  Thanks.

Edit, here's the link: http://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/instructions/ABS/Chevrolet_Avalanche_ABS.pdf

probably not.
Search encoder motor.

when i was having my abs problem i checked the two grounds under drivers door and when i had the off i turned on the ignition and my 4wd light came on until a put the ground back on
that ground can cause issues with abs and 4wd lights and functions

If you have the "service 4wd" message, go to autozone or similar and ask them to read your 4wd codes and post them here. It will get it narrowed down and make it a lot cheaper than throwing parts at it. I learned that the hard way.  :wave:

Back