• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Reminder- Cabin Air Filters

duneit03

SM 2004
Now would be a good time to change them if you haven't already.
We know they can get pretty stankus. :eek:
btw....I've only changed mine out once since new, nasty.

This may open a can of worms and fungi since we have many owners of previously owned Avalanches that have not likely spent much time with their Owner's Manual.

As I understand the original 2002 models had the Cabin Air Filter Option. I don't know if it was Standard or not, probably was. This did not continue with the 2003 and newer Avalanches.

Just saying before we get flooded with many questions regarding, "Where is My Cabin Air Filter Located"?  :D

Cat Dancer said:
Just saying before we get flooded with many questions regarding, "Where is My Cabin Air Filter Located"?  :D

Since I have a weird sense of humor, I don't think I could resist sending them on a wild goose chase.

Initially, I was going to leave it alone, but it was just too much of an undesired expectation for bringing up threads going back to 2004 and earlier and all with dead picture links.

I like the sense of humor though.  :D

I had this feature in my 2004 CTS. I changed it after the first year and most of what i observed was Brake Dust.

yellow04nfe said:
OK, I'm confused, lol... Avalanche is the same as the pickup and suburban isn't it??
The 2002 AV had an in cabin air filter (behind the glovebox) and it was deleted in later years.

Back