• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Interior Lights Not Working

Pakalatic

So yesterday I noticed that when I open my door, my lights don't come on anymore, I tried turning them on at the switch and no dice, but when i go to turn them on individually at the lights they work just fine. I couldn't find a fuse, unless its labeled something ridiculous. Any help is greatly appreciated

Another thing you could try is to open the passenger door and see if they come on.

So what kind of bulbs do you have? LED or standard?

Also what exactly are you doing to test them?

If you open either of your front doors when the key is in the run position does your DIC show the door open?

Rodney

They're LED bulbs, but Ive had them in for 5 months and no issues until now.

I have tried with the key in opening both doors, with the key out both doors, tried turning it on manually from the dome light switch with doors open and closed

I will have to double check but I do believe the DCIM knows the doors are open

Try flipping one of the bulbs around. LED's won't light if they are in backwards... While lights are NOT directional, LED's are.

You didn't say how you got them to work. You said you tested them at the bulb...
Just wondered how you can test them at the bulb if the switch doesn't do it and the doors don't do it.

Rodney

I had the same issue on mye 2003,and it was 2 fuses for the relay for the interior timing that was gone.

Blazerteam said:
I had the same issue on mye 2003,and it was 2 fuses for the relay for the interior timing that was gone.
was it obvious (labeled) which 2 fuses they were? my interior lights just stopped lighting up. if I roll the dimmer switch for them they will turn on.

25hundred said:
was it obvious (labeled) which 2 fuses they were? my interior lights just stopped lighting up. if I roll the dimmer switch for them they will turn on.

I found the numbers on the fuses in a thread here.

Back