• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07-13 center console stealthbox install

angshan

I just picked up a center console stealthbox for my 2011 LTZ. I know it says it won't fit the console with rear vents,which I have. So I was wondering if anybody has self installed one of these and if so what did you do you eliminate the rear vents to make it fit, and any other things I should look out for while doing the install.
Thanks

I guess no ones done this yet then.
I got my sub and amp today.

I found this diagram online.  I think I will have to remove number 19 for sure and possibly number 18 as well. I plan on plugging up the left over opening with something but not sure what yet.

Can't see your pictures, but I would suspect that you need to unhook the HVAC duct work that runs to the back of the console.

So I did the install today. Let me just say it's not for the faint of heart. Lol. But here is how I did it.
After you take the console out this is what you will see.  Notice the vent tube on the left. It has to go.

How it looks from the side.

The vent tubes that go to the back of the console have to be removed too. There is a screw under the plate that has to be removed to get it out.

How it looks after it's removed and the plate is screwed back in.

These pieces need to be removed for the stealthbox to fit.

Remove this plate for easier access.

Need to remove the one screw holding the tube on.

There are two screws holding this piece on.

Once that piece is removed you will see the door that opens for the rear vents.

You will have to remove the rod from the door and from inside the assembly. It took a good amount of force to remove it from inside the assembly. It comes out if you force it to the passenger side.
If you don't remove the rod fully and seal the door closed your heater/ac will not work properly.

Now remove the factory sub and that will give you the room to install the stealthbox. Now you just follow the instructions for a regular install. Trying to reach up under the truck to put the washers and nuts on is quite a chore. One word of advice here is to reattach the wire harness before installing the stealthbox. I learned the hard way.

I hope this helps any one who wants to do this. I couldn't find anything on the net on how to do this.

It's way louder than stock and I have a shiz ton of rattles now. I'm still adjusting the amp to my liking but it sounds amazing. I did put dynamat on the center console but the door on the cup holder shakes like a son of a gun. I'm going to be putting dynamat on the doors and stuff as well but I can do that over time.

angshan said:
I'm going to be putting dynamat on the doors and stuff as well but I can do that over time.

If you didn't already buy the DynaMat, look at RAAMmat BXT.  It's cheaper and works better.
http://www.raamaudio.com/

Back