• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Just bought our 2nd Avalanche - 2009 LTZ w/ 6.0L

TheSpartanKnight

I started my search about a month ago, looking for my wife's new get-around rig.

Her criteria:
  • Heated seats.
  • Not white.

MY criteria:
  • Heated/cooled seats.
  • 6 speed transmission.
  • DVD for my boy.
  • Backup camera for me and her.
  • Towing.
  • Under 100K miles.
  • Not white.

So from these lists, I narrowed my search to 2009+ with the LTZ trim and 6L80E. It was rough going finding one around Idaho in our "cheap as possible" price range, but finally I found one up in Kellogg at Dave Smith. Called and talked to Lance, who was upfront, honest and a great salesperson to deal with. Flew up on Saturday, hopped on the free shuttle to Kellogg and got to look at the Laser Blue (I think, it's a navy blue) 2009 LTZ that I'd put the deposit on. Beautiful rig with a little too much chrome for my liking, but it's not too bad with the dark blue. <93K miles.

Checked it out, couple issues with it:
  • Tailgate spoiler clip broken.
  • Chips and scratches in paint.
  • Couple holes drilled for CB radio bracket inside.

List price was $23,898. Went in to "negotiate" and got $1100 off immediately, and because I hate haggling and believed they wouldn't come down more based on the other similarly equipped Avvys in the country, jumped on it.

Drove it home and loved every minute. Gas mileage is better than our '04 with the 5.3L, so even if it's not as good on gas as an '09 with the 5.3L, it's better for us. Also found out upon looking at the build sheet that it has the rear locker in it. It just kept getting better and better.

I would recommend Dave Smith to anyone btw. They were fantastic on the phone and in person. They reimbursed my flight up there and the hotel I needed to stay in on the way home. I just can't say enough good things about them.

I'm pretty sure, I'll have to look at the build sheet from Dave Smith but I'm pretty sure yeah. Thanks!

It's kinda rare yeah. Only 2009 had the 6.0L with the 6L80E. I've thought about contacting GM and finding out how many there are total.

There was a website that had a vin code reader that told you how many were built with options yours has.

I saved the info when I searched my 2007 6.0L and there are only 1,899 AV's built in 2007 with the 6.0L, trans cooler, 4L70-E 4spd super duty trans, and hybrid axle (whatever that means lol) .

I believe the site was called compnine.com or something like that.

blu_fuz said:
There was a website that had a vin code reader that told you how many were built with options yours has.

I saved the info when I searched my 2007 6.0L and there are only 1,899 AV's built in 2007 with the 6.0L, trans cooler, 4L70-E 4spd super duty trans, and hybrid axle (whatever that means lol) .

I believe the site was called compnine.com or something like that.

That's awesome.

TheSpartanKnight said:
It's kinda rare yeah. Only 2009 had the 6.0L with the 6L80E. I've thought about contacting GM and finding out how many there are total.

There was a place in OH that had a black 07 6.0 for sale a couple weeks ago.. It had somewhere near 150k miles, but it didn't look too bad. I think they were asking in the neighborhood of 15k for it.

I started my search about a month ago, looking for my wife's new get-around rig.

Her criteria:
  • Heated seats.
  • Not white.

MY criteria:
  • Heated/cooled seats.
  • 6 speed transmission.
  • DVD for my boy.
  • Backup camera for me and her.
  • Towing.
  • Under 100K miles.
  • Not white.

So from these lists, I narrowed my search to 2009+ with the LTZ trim and 6L80E. It was rough going finding one around Idaho in our "cheap as possible" price range, but finally I found one up in Kellogg at Dave Smith. Called and talked to Lance, who was upfront, honest and a great salesperson to deal with. Flew up on Saturday, hopped on the free shuttle to Kellogg and got to look at the Laser Blue (I think, it's a navy blue) 2009 LTZ that I'd put the deposit on. Beautiful rig with a little too much chrome for my liking, but it's not too bad with the dark blue. <93K miles.

Checked it out, couple issues with it:
  • Tailgate spoiler clip broken.
  • Chips and scratches in paint.
  • Couple holes drilled for CB radio bracket inside.

List price was $23,898. Went in to "negotiate" and got $1100 off immediately, and because I hate haggling and believed they wouldn't come down more based on the other similarly equipped Avvys in the country, jumped on it.

Drove it home and loved every minute. Gas mileage is better than our '04 with the 5.3L, so even if it's not as good on gas as an '09 with the 5.3L, it's better for us. Also found out upon looking at the build sheet that it has the rear locker in it. It just kept getting better and better.

I would recommend Dave Smith to anyone btw. They were fantastic on the phone and in person. They reimbursed my flight up there and the hotel I needed to stay in on the way home. I just can't say enough good things about them.
Hey, I know this is an old post but do you still have your 2009 6.0 ltz? If so would you be willing to sell it?

Kind regards Duncan

You probably won't get a reply from him since when you hover over his avatar it says he was last active May 20, 2018....

Back