• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Brakes

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I need to replace my rotors and have been looking around, its got to be 5+ yrs since I last replaced the rotors. I have come across two brands, and I don't know anything about them: Power Stop and Stop Tech.

Can anyone shine some light on these?

Thanks.

I believe I've used both of those brands before and I haven't had any issues.

I put the power stop full kit on my daughters ac and they worked out very well. Red powder coated calipers pads and calipers in one kit all round from summit. Worked out great.

What size are the rear rotors?

I ordered a set on eBay for my no-longer-owned Av. They were slotted and cross drilled and were fairly priced. If you want, I could look up my history and let you know the seller. They were cheaper than either of your two choices would be.

The "guys" on the F150 forum seem to favor Stop Tech.

Thanks, I went with power stop from summit racing. $210, not bad

I recently fitted the BrakeMotive drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads... $135 delivered and I've been really impressed with them.

Broke a stubborn slide pin when fitting them so had to get a new mounting bracket and slide pins, other than that they fit like a glove!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391543176187?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just as a quick follow up...

I've now done circa 5000 miles on the above rotors and they are smooth, stop great and don't suffer from brake fade easily. There is no judder or wheel pull, they have been fantastic up to this point, i've just ordered the exact same set for the rear and will be fitting them soon. I would highly recommend these as an alternative to OEM parts given my personal experience.

Back