• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

rust on 08

pwtr02ss

Any of you guys experiencing rust on the lower corner in front of the rear wheel? I noticed a bubbles on mine a few months ago. Truck has lived in TN since new. I've never had a vehicle to rust that isn't 20+ years old. Pretty disappointed.

Yup. Welcome to the club.

Cost $2800 for patching both rear 1/4's (infront and behind rear wheels, and wheel well lip) and cleaning up the front fenders on both sides by the mud flaps and bumper seam.

:wave:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,132473.msg2134056.html#msg2134056

Did major patch work on my 07 last March.  Both rear quarters in front of rear wheel.  Cut outer skin 5 X 5 area and pulled out as much foam as possible.  Sand blasted inner metal, sealed  and then weld new patches to outer skin.  Take a look at your rear doors.  Remove plastic strip on bottom of door and check the seam for rust.  Mine was just starting on both rear doors.  Cleaned them also and repainted.  My dad and Father in-law are both retired body shop owners. Once we started looking there was more to do than originally thought.  All good now.

angshan said:
Same place my 2011 is showing rust bubbles.
2011... rust bubbles? do you live in an area that uses lots of salt in the winter? Even so, 2011 I would expect solid integrity even with salt. Very surprising this happened to you so fast. Did you buy new or used? Was it in an accident?  ???

I hope it wasn't one of the Sandy storm flood vehicles.......CarFax only works if repairs were done at a reporting shop. If fixed at a small shop or by owner then CarFax would not have any report of damage.

Back