• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Suspension opinions

SCLTZ

I have an 08 LTZ with air leveling rear shocks that need replacing.  I am not sure if I want to replace them and just put in standard front shocks.  Or do I spend the extra money to change the rear to coil over and add a leveling kit to raise it an inch or two.  What does everyone think? 

There are many threads in the suspension section that discusses replacing the LTZ suspension with stock,aftermarket or lesser suspension. I don't remember seeing anything about replacing with coil over setup but can't envision it being cheap.
Main advantages to replacing with LTZ suspension is you retain the feature of load leveling, the smooth ride, and you prevent error messages showing up in your DIC on the dash.

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately, both are not cheap so I wasn't sure from a looks standpoint if the extra expense of completely changing would be worth it.  Didn't think about the error codes.  On the same note.  Can you add a rear leveling kit with the air?  As far as raising the stance an inch or two.

Back