• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

05 Avalanche No 4WD

Muskoka 05 Avalanche

Hi all new to the group I have a 05 Avalanche and since I've had it 8 months the 4 wd has not worked I had a friend take it into GM when hooked to their computer they were able to override it and put it into 4wd high and low they say the problem is no 5 volt power coming from transfer control modual to transfer case anyone have this problem ? Thanks in advance!!!

Tom
Ontario Canada

Try replacing it. If you search TCCM (transfer case control module) you will see the location of it.

No 4 WD this includes trying new switch new actuator , tried another tccm modual then a friend who worked at GM took in 05 Ave once hooked up to computer there they were able to put into 4H 4L 2H he diagnosed it wasn't getting the 5 volts from TCCM to transfer case confirmed that indeed I DO have 5v at both connections at tccm as well as at transfer case where do I go from here Ive also taken ground to frame rail and sanded down and reattached

Muskoka 05 Avalanche said:
No 4 WD this includes trying new switch new actuator , tried another tccm modual then a friend who worked at GM took in 05 Ave once hooked up to computer there they were able to put into 4H 4L 2H he diagnosed it wasn't getting the 5 volts from TCCM to transfer case confirmed that indeed I DO have 5v at both connections at tccm as well as at transfer case where do I go from here Ive also taken ground to frame rail and sanded down and reattached

How exactly did he confirm that you have the 5 V at both the TCCM and the transfer case?
Was that done by looking at a computer screen, or did he actually measure it from point to point using a DVOM?
Kind of sounds to me that you could have excessive voltage drop somewhere in the circuit.
If I were to hazard a guess  :dunno:

CarMech1969

Hello checked with a Volt meter at the Tccm and down to the transfer case both connectors that need to have 5V have the power is there another place I should be looking ? Tks  Tom

Back