• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

15 Years of Wild and Wonderful! North Bend State Park, March 10th-12th, 2017

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Come celebrate 15 YEARS of Wild and Wonderful Weekend with us!!

When?

March 10th-12th, 2017

Where?

North Bend State Park
202 North Bend Park Road
Cairo, WV 26337

North%20Bend.jpg

http://www.northbendsp.com/

North Bend State Park, in West Virginia, is named for the horseshoe curve of the North Fork of the Hughes River.  The park offers a multitude of recreational facilities in a beautiful pastoral setting. The fishing streams, lake, hiking trails, abundant wildlife and excellent overnight accommodations, lodge and cabins, and lodge dining room are some of the features of this year-round park.  You?ll find true hospitality at this popular state park

North Bend also features the 72 mile North Bend Rail Trail, which is designed for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding. The rail trail runs along the old B & O Railroad bed from Parkersburg, WV to Wolf Summit, near Clarksburg, WV.

North Bend has a 305-acre recreational lake. A boat ramp, handicapped accessible fishing pier, and other fishing access points. Visit our web pages for more information about lodging, activities and events, and recreation at North Bend State Park.

Things to do!
North Bend Trail
Cliff's Museum of Car Memorabilia
If you're a car guy/gal you're going to want to stop here!
Berdine's Five and Dime
Step straight back to the 1950's, a Must See
Blennerhassett Island
Things to do in Ritchie County, WV

Things to do in the Greater Parkersburg Area

Any and all of the aforementioned activities can take place over the weekend depending on the interest of those in attendance.  

Accommodations:

North Bend State Park offers accommodations in the form of a large central Lodge, as well as vacation cabins. The accommodations for this year are listed below.

When you call, please tell the desk you are with the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America to get our rate in our rooms!

I have called and reserved Cabin #3 (a 3-bedroom/1 bath host cabin)

GoldBowTie has reserved Cabin #2 (a 3-bedroom/1 bath cabin to serve as the second cabin for the group.)

We also have a block of 5 lodge rooms, including 1 suite right now. These are held until February 10th, 2017
There is almost 100% availability for the lodge right now, and the weekend is an event-free weekend, so she said we were free to add more if needed. They gave us 5 to start out with.

The North Bend Lodge
North%20Bend%20lodge%20outside.jpg

Lodge Bedroom: Shown with 2 queen beds standard  
North%20bend%20Lodge%20room.jpg

3-Bedroom Vacation Cabins
north%20Bend%203%20bedroom%20outside.jpg

3%20bedroom%20living%20room.jpg

The pricing is as follows:

3-Bedroom Vacation Cabin Rates: $44.81/bedroom/night taxes included: total for the weekend $269.00/cabin

Standard Lodge Room: $70.00/night PLUS taxes and fees

Lodge Suite (1 available): $85.00/night PLUS taxes and fees

There are also (6) 2-Bedroom Vacation Cabins that are Available at this point in time: $105.00/night PLUS taxes and fees

A limited number of Vacation Cabins are Pet-Friendly for an additional charge
Please call for reservations with animals

Schedule of Events

TO BE DETERMINED

Friday:

Getting settled in. I plan to arrive sometime around 3PM

Evening Dinner, or dinner at our leisure on the way in. (there are few choices outside of the Lodge Restaurant)

7:00PM: Campfire and SMORE'S depending on the weather. We can also roast hot dogs for those that do not eat on their way in!

This will take place at the fire ring beside the pavilion at the base of the hill below the Cabin area.

Saturday

Breakfast in the Cabin

Group Cruise or outdoor activities depending on weather.

Outing to one, or many of the aforementioned sites above

Lunch TBD

Afternoon Modding "Talkin Trucks"

Group Potluck Dinner "Fillin Guts"

After dinner activities  

Sunday

9:30AM: Group Breakfast Buffet at the North Bend Lodge Restaurant

Country Breakfast Buffet

Scrambled Eggs
Sausage
Bacon
Home Fries
Biscuits
Sausage Gravy
Fruit
Dry Cereal

Price: $8.95/person plus taxes and gratuity

Final Goodbyes  :(

This is a rough sketch of what I have for now! The past few years, we have not been able to get in at North Bend due to them having an activity on the selected weekend. This year, this weekend is the ONLY weekend that they do not have something going on! The last year that we were here was in 2010, and it was a BLAST! So please, come to WV and help us celebrate 15 years of Wild and Wonderful Weekend!

Please stay tuned to this thread for future updates, as well as a full schedule!

Attendees:

1. 4x4dreamer, Ashley, and MOM *Cabin #3
2. GoldBowTie and Toots*Cabin #2
3. Mrs. WVAV and WVAvalanche*Cabin #3
4. OldVMer +1* Cabin #2  :cry:
5. Tpicks55 & teach8*Cabin #2
6. 02Z71 +1* Lodge Room  :cry:
7. Hugz +3* Cabin #4
8. ohiobellboy & twiggy
9. N1NCZ +1 * Cabin #2
10. james21* Lodge Room
11.BigBlockBirch & MzBBB  

Maybe:

1. BigBlockBirch Moved to attending!  (y)
2. ohiobellboy and twiggy (definite maybe) Moved to attending!
3. 02 Z71 +1 Moved to attending!
4. BnGBleeder
5. enoniam & Minor One  :cry:
6. james21 Moved to attending  (y)
7. X_Indian
8. Hugz (is 95% sure he can come)  >:D Moved to attending!

I put it on my calendar while we were at Volant.  We'll take one of the bedrooms in the second cabin.

--OldVMer

Is this the one with the hairpin road leading up to it? Also has a double yellow line down the middle of the one lane road leading in? If so, I seem to remember a very generous person buying everyone's breakfast that morning. We'll pencil it it.

OldVMer said:
I put it on my calendar while we were at Volant.  We'll take one of the bedrooms in the second cabin.

--OldVMer

Excellent!  (y)

ohiobellboy said:
Is this the one with the hairpin road leading up to it? Also has a double yellow line down the middle of the one lane road leading in? If so, I seem to remember a very generous person buying everyone's breakfast that morning. We'll pencil it it.

That would be the one! And I too remember a very generous guy buying us all breakfast.

I also remember a VERY young boy taking a video of said curvy road, and getting car sick looking through the camera lens..  :laugh:

I also believe that was the unveiling weekend for Johns Mini BBB truck!

I also believe that in 2010, MOOSC lost his cooler trying to power slide a curve coming up the hill.....  :laugh:

We haven't been to North Bend I don't think so pencil us in. We will probably stay at the lodge.

02 Z71 said:
We haven't been to North Bend I don't think so pencil us in. We will probably stay at the lodge.

Will do!

Mom and I stayed in the Lodge when we came the first time, and it was very nice!  (y)

Sounds like fun.  I'll have to run it by Minor One.  We'll probably still be experiencing winter "cabin fever" so this sounds like a great cure!

If weather is decent we may bring the vehicle better equipped for that curvy hill!  :drive:

I might try to attend, still too far off to confirm

enoniam said:
Sounds like fun.  I'll have to run it by Minor One.  We'll probably still be experiencing winter "cabin fever" so this sounds like a great cure!

If weather is decent we may bring the vehicle better equipped for that curvy hill!   :drive:
There's a pix of said hill taken off my nav unit in one of the older threads. with the way it curves and goes up, I wouldn't bring the vette. You can sneak it around that curve if you use the oncoming lane as long as it's clear.

Found it. Let's just say that on the way up that hill, the back passenger side tire on the avy just about lifted off the ground. Thank GM for a locker.

enoniam said:
Sounds like fun.  I'll have to run it by Minor One.  We'll probably still be experiencing winter "cabin fever" so this sounds like a great cure!

If weather is decent we may bring the vehicle better equipped for that curvy hill!   :drive:

Excellent! It would be great to see you guys!!!  (y) (y)

I would say old yeller could handle them well with its new engine  >:D

james21 said:
I might try to attend, still too far off to confirm

That would be awesome James! She said it shouldn't be an issue arranging more accommodations should we need them, and our Block of Rooms is held through February 10th!  (y)

Is it too early to put in requests for food????  >:D

I wouldn't mind some "Maple Communion Wafers"  >:D and Some Hot Corn Dip..  :abuelito:

4x4dreamer said:
Is it too late to put in requests for food???>:D

I wouldn't mind some "Maple Communion Wafers"  >:D and Some Hot Corn Dip..  :abuelito:

The Mrs says she'll have to dig out her recipe for the wafers.

--OldVMer

Monday morning Bump.

Unfortunately there are not many choices for food in and around the park, so Friday evening will be limited to what we can do for dinner.

I, myself, will probably stop and grab something on the way up and bring some snacks for the evening.

We have the option of doing a campfire in the pavilion at the bottom of the hill as we have done in past years, as well as roasting hot dogs on the fireplace.

With this crazy weather we have had the last couple years, I would say it could be anywhere from 3 degrees to 65 degrees that weekend... That will determine what we do Friday evening, and even the events for Saturday.

We will play it by ear for now, and nail it down as we get closer and see what the pending weather forecast holds for us.

Saturday will be a potluck dinner as always. Since we love to eat  >:D

As always, this is going to be questionable for me.
Not that I don't love you guys, but snowboarding always takes precedence in March depending on the weather. Also, our Anniversary is the 12th, so convincing Jenn to let me go (or come along) might be a stretch. In addition, the Av just sprung an oil leak and I'm struggling to find where it's coming from. I have to clean it really well and get it up in the air. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's something simple as  I'm still trying to recover financially from the Subaru build.

Calicak89 said:
Not that I don't love you guys, but snowboarding always takes precedence in March depending on the weather. Also, our Anniversary is the 12th, so convincing Jenn to let me go (or come along) might be a stretch.

What a great Anniversary Present....come on, do I have to help you with everything???  :beating:

Calicak89 said:
In addition, the Av just sprung an oil leak and I'm struggling to find where it's coming from.

It's coming from the engine...it's got oil in it..    ???  :laugh:

BigBlockBirch said:
Hoping we can make it.   It's been too long. 

Me too! It definitely has  :love:

Calicak89 said:
Not that I don't love you guys, but snowboarding always takes precedence in March depending on the weather. Also, our Anniversary is the 12th, so convincing Jenn to let me go (or come along) might be a stretch. In addition, the Av just sprung an oil leak and I'm struggling to find where it's coming from. I have to clean it really well and get it up in the air. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's something simple as  I'm still trying to recover financially from the Subaru build.

Certain things have to fall in a certain order. We surely understand. (y)

As for the oil leak, I hope it is a simple fix!

BigBlockBirch said:
Hoping we can make it.   It's been too long. 

Remember, there are lots of DEER in the park.  I know you have your own herd, but I'm sure you'll want to see these.

--OldVMer

BigBlockBirch said:
What a great Anniversary Present....come on, do I have to help you with everything???   :beating:

It would be if it were closer to a mtn. resort. We met snowboarding, got engaged in Vail while snowboarding and usually spend the anniversary snowboarding, so selling all the makings of a snowboard trip ie: long drive into the mountains and staying at a cabin, without snowboarding is going to be a hard sell.

BigBlockBirch said:
It's coming from the engine...it's got oil in it..    ???  :laugh:
Thanks Sherlock

Calicak89 said:
It would be if it were closer to a mtn. resort. We met snowboarding, got engaged in Vail while snowboarding and usually spend the anniversary snowboarding, so selling all the makings of a snowboard trip ie: long drive into the mountains and staying at a cabin, without snowboarding is going to be a hard sell.

Thanks Sherlock

That would've been Blackwater Falls/Canaan a couple years ago..  >:D

Back