• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mass Air FLow Sensor

paul_376

Hey guys I have an 09 Avalanche, and it stalls at stop lights, rmp's go way too low and it shuts off, it recently started shaking as well and the check engine light has been on for a while and now with the shaking, it started blinking. Could it just be the mass airflow sensor ?

Could be anything. Could be something as simple as you need new plugs and wires, to a plugged convertor, bad o2 sensors, crank speed sensor, bad TB motor, Fuel pump, plugged air filter...

Really can't do anything without the codes.

Rodney

Sounds like what my 07 was doing before I had to get pistons and rings replaced.  How many miles are on it? 

That code just means your traction control is shut off because of some other issue.

Should have other codes thrown. Especially if flashing. I believe flashing normally is a misfire code.

Have you changed plug wires or plugs recently? if not you may want to start there. And check your fuel pressure to insure your fuel system is operating correctly.

If this does not work for you then I strongly suggest taking to a trusted mechanic to trouble shoot. If you don't like their diagnosis get a second opinion but don't tell the second shop what the first one said.

Rodney

flashing means major misfire and you are DAMAGING the CATS which will not last much longer if you continue.

READ the owners manual as it explains this.

so you need the engine codes read to know why you have misfire so yo ucan properly repair

The Problem is a Dirty Throttle Body, do a YouTube search - for a chevy 5.3 throttle body cleaning.  just don't move the Butterflies. clean around it.

Back