• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

04'Av passenger tail light not working

mattmich7

passenger break lights and turn signal both working. I have read other posts that it could be the junction block, is there a way to confirm this is the issue? (other than installing a new one) contact points appear to be in good shape no corrosion visible. also is there a fuse specific to this passenger tail-light and where is that fuse located? thank you in advance for your reply

Check for fuse either under hood or on left side of dash.

Please do some trouble shooting yourself. No one here is going to be able to trouble shoot your truck for you over the internet to the extent you seem to be requesting.

If you have problems finding the fuse boxes please take your truck to a mechanic to prevent permanently damaging your truck.

Rodney

mattmich7  :wave:  :welcome:

Do have a multi-meter? You can open the lid on the fuse boxes and they have a diagram of the fuses. If you do not have the means for testing or have someone who can help I would not just trough parts at it. If you do some testing and need guidance with further help can?t find what you need I?m sure you will get the guidance you need.
Always remember you tube is your best friend.

looking at the owners manual, the fuse box diagram it is tough to identify the specific fuse that could be involved with this, none of them say 'tail light' left or right can someone provide the exact fuse location for the rr tail-light?

:welcome: to the club  :wave:

page 5-118 in the owners manual

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
Here is what I have done to trouble shoot this RR tail light not working. replaced bulbs..duh, tested sockets, installed new junction block and still not working! there is a brwn/wht wire that per the electrical schematics coming from the fuse box should power rr taillight it is NOT delivering power to junction block? I checked power at fuse box it is fine. So problem must be between junction block and fuse box. Schematic shows a connector S413 can some one tell me where this located?
Much appreciated

I'll have to bring the server back up Thursday

Tag

. See if this works for you.

Attachments

• gmt800r turn.png
    gmt800r turn.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 24
  • gmt800r light.png
    gmt800r light.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 28
Back