• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How to tell if a Bose amp is bad

e6bill

First, I'm electronically illiterate.  That said, how can you tell if your factory Bose amp is working?

I have a 2003 Z66 with the Bose system.  A previous owner had a system installed and when he sold it only put the original HU back in.  There were crap speakers put in the front doors and nowhere else. He even removed the midgate for a box of some kind.

I found Bose speakers and replaced the harness in the console as it had been cut about ten times.  The speakers worked for awhile but now only the LR door works. Same before and after the harness R/R.  I assume the speakers are just bad.

How can you tell if the factory amp works? Not interested at all in a system much better than stock.  Just want to hear it when I play my CD's. Rarely listen to the radio broadcast.  Too much yammering.

I would start by checking the fuse labelled AMP in the under hood fusebox

Only way to know for sure if the amp works is to install it in a friends truck and see if it works...

Rodney

Back