• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 LTZ with Bose and rear DVD No display on head unit

Jrbm86

I have an 07 LTZ with nose and rear DVD system. The radio has no display at all. Back up sensors not working,no chimes. Battery was getting weak and had to change after changing issue started all fuses good and power is good on wiring harness at back of radio. Need help have looked on forums and googled possible issues and have gotten no where.

:welcome: to the club Jrbm86

Are there any lights on at all on the Navigation Headunit

Mine does not have the navigation. Bit there ar no lights on the head unit at all.

Your headunit is probably bad, if you have 12 volts at the orange wire.

When you have battery problems you should turn off the radio, Hvac and close the sunroof(if you have one) before disconnecting it.

You could try resetting it. Just pull out the fuse for the radio and the one for the amp.
Then put them back in after 10 seconds or so.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the head unit being bad I tried to pull the fuse as well and nothing. I guess aftermarket radio it is. I would rather spend 300-500 on new DVD player and stuff then pay dealer for new one and to program to truck for 800-1000 from what I have read if the factory head unit goes out people are paying.
Thanks for all your help I will update once new DVD head unit is installed.

So took to dealership service and they confirmed my thoughts. The radio is dead and for everything 600 bucks to replace and program. They also said I would not be able to put an aftermarket radio in and still maintain all my controls and rear entertainment system.

Back