• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

02 avalanche z71 (1500), question about lift kit?

RollerToaster

Hello all! Long time stalker, first time poster.

I know, I know...anooother lift kit question...

But, I'll make it quick and as painless as possible. 02 z71, 1500, 17" wheels.

I was looking at the supreme suspensions 3" front and 2" rear, as well as the Rough country kit.

But, then I noticed the RC kit has a specific set JUST for the z71? Is there something different about it, or am I just overthinking it?

Wanting to achieve a lift similar to rjsfun's truck 
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,132997.msg1964505.html#msg1964505

I also need new shocks all around.

My other question is, will I need extended swaybar links, brake lines and will I need to do anything to correct drivetrain angles if I do the 3/2 lift?

This is my first "big boy" truck, haha, I previously had a 74 datsun that I cranked the torsion bars down a bit on, and had to use shims to adjust the driveshaft angle. Didn't know if that was a concern with lifting as much as is with lowering.

Thanks!

So, I'm guessing no one has had to correct any sort of driveline issues after lifting their truck 2-3" then?

Year and model?  And just a leveling kit? If so you don't need anything extended. A alignment is highly recommended afterwords tho. What size tires are you looking to go for?

just stock for now. When the tires need replacing, I would like to go to 33/35's if only minor trimming is required (from what I've found on here)

My truck has 6inches of suspension lift and 35s. Only minor timing was needed for 35s and they rub at full lock just a little.

Appreciate the reply!

I was looking at the supreme suspension stuff, they have a 3" key set and a 3" rear coil spacer kit that looks like it would be decent.

The only thing is, all I can find on the forum is photos of their 3" key set and 1.5/2" rear coil spacer kit.

I did think that the ones I found photos of looked a bit higher in the front, hopefully the 3" front and 3" rear will level the look out a little.

The rear it's higher than the front factory. That's why everybody does 3 front 1.5/2 rear to make it level. With that setup you could gets 33s with little to no timing depending on your wheel backspacing. In my opinion I would do 3 front and 2 in the back.

If your just looking to level it try here...

http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/chevy-gmc/1999-2006-1500-6-lug/

Back