• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Gift of lights New Hampshire Motor Speedway 17 Dec 16 GTG

itsstopher

PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Spanning over two miles, the Gift of Lights features over 60 holiday scenes and over 400 light displays.  The course winds around the outside of the track's grandstands and includes a portion of the NHMS Road Course.  It also includes a trip through the infield tunnel with the famous Tunnel of Lights before rolling down VIP Street.

Link to NHMS

5PM Meet for dinner in Concord at Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 56 Fort Eddy Road, Concord, NH 03301

After dinner cruise to the NHMS and enjoy the lights, $20 a car.

After your drive through the Gift of Lights, be sure to stop by Santa's Workshop in the Main Office to see Santa, Milo the Moose (the NHMS mascot), peruse the Gift Shop, and roast a s'more (Saturday nights only).  The tour ends at the parking lot for the Main Office, and visitors are encouraged to park and come check it out.

The s'more pit will be open on Saturday nights.  Guests will be asked to make a $1 donation to the Speedway Children's Charity Red Bucket.  The fire pit is located across the parking lot from the Main Office.  All necessary supplies will be provided by a member of our staff at the location.

Attending
1. Itsstopher +2 to 6
2. james21

50/50
1. Duneit

not sure at this time
1. Avlanch0251

Well Ive never been, so Ill come, sounds like fun

james21 said:
Well Ive never been, so Ill come, sounds like fun
(y)  I have driven by it many times, but I haven't been through it yet either.

:(

I sent out some emails to wake up some folks  :2:

I will be there at 4 for the Yule Light up the night 2.5 mile run with the Millennium Running group.

James it really is worth the trip.

If anyone is on FB and send out updates for this, depending on time I'll try to meet up.

Lets meet at Five Guys, 56 Fort Eddy Road, Concord, NH 03301 about 5PM for a bite to eat. (Exit 14 on I93)

Sorry all, I have a previous engagement that I forgot about  :E:, so I'm a no go.  I did really want to do this but , y'all know how it goes.  Have a good time, take a lot of pictures, and  there will always be next year.

Avlanch0251 said:
     Sorry all, I have a previous engagement that I forgot about  :E:, so I'm a no go.  I did really want to do this but , y'all know how it goes.  Have a good time, take a lot of pictures, and  there will always be next year.
:(

james21 said:
And then there were 2 :E:
if the weather does not cooperate, you probably should not make the long drive.

Oh I'm coming, I just got brand new tires that are supposed to be snow kings, and I love holiday displays. So don't worry. It will be good to see you.

james21 said:
Oh I'm coming, I just got brand new tires that are supposed to be snow kings, and I love holiday displays. So don't worry. It will be good to see you.
nice  (y) I just finished plowing the driveway, now I am getting ready for the GTG.

We have something like that just north of Flint and I've never been there, it's only 10 minutes from my house.
Crossroads Village and the Huckleberry Railroad do Christmas at the Crossroads, it's $5 per vehicle on drive thru only nights and the steam engine/train is lit up but doesn't move. Wendy fractured her sacrum so we won't be doing our usual drive thru the cultural center neighborhood lights tour.

Crossroads Village has costumed villagers doing old time crafts and they light up the entire village and the train. Tickets are $10 adult, $15 with train ride. I'd like to walk thru when it's warmer although the Christmas Dinner Buffet for $14 at the warehouse sounds good. There are 3 drive thru nights left, Monday, X-mas Eve and the night after X-mas. I like going out on Mott Lake in the summer, the passengers on to steam engine train and the Genesee  Belle paddle wheeler always smile and wave.

We were running late too. We just got here.

Some Pics

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 20
  • tun1.jpg
    tun1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 18
  • tun2.jpg
    tun2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 19
  • coke.jpg
    coke.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 20
Pics look Great :thumbs:

I'll see if I can download my Dashcam video, always have it on, see if it is worthwhile

Nice pics ItsStopher

Back