• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What do you think of this look?

ngrome

I was considering painting the middle hub caps on the stock wheel a flat black, but masking off everything except the Chevy logo. So the small hub cap will be all black in the middle of aluminum alloy wheels, with the gold Chevy logo in the middle.  What do you think?

From your other thread about rust on one of your rims I would consider just getting all your rims powder-coated to refinish them all and have a new look.

Mock up 2 of them on cardboard or paper and tape to your wheels. Stand back and look, take a picture.

How they look is always going to be your opinion that counts.

Do it w/ plasti-dip first. that way if you don't like it you can peel it off and you're only out $8
Mine were similar for the last few winters. just replace the orange w/ raw alloy and it'll give you an idea what it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 169
The idea of a black center with gold bowtie on silver rims would look similar to a 2008 Z71 Av.

Attachments

• IMG_0045 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0045 (Small).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 140
I believe plastic dip is you?re safest way to go at first. Only $5 a can at Walmart, and one can will paint a entire wheel with 3-4 layers. I have plenty of experience with the product. From painting plastic with it to rims. I believe it?s great for rims. Can be hard to keep clean, and can cheap easily if not applied correctly. But with a bottle of goo gone and a water hose it will come off of anything. Just my 2?

Back