• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

air bag light came on!

hurleyii

OK Wth did I ever do to deserve this dam temper tantrum the Avy is giving me?

I've given her every bit of love one can give and as fast as I fix one major issue another comes up.

Replaced brake lines 3 weeks ago, gave her a tune up last weekend , this week I replaced her windshield. I even talked really nice to her after the windshield replacement and promised to get her speedo fixed asap .  Day after my airbag light came on along with the service airbag light.
Why does she hate me so much and how do I figure air bag light!!!!?  :needhug: :E:

2005 with 67k , LT,  Z71 with towing package and sunroof.

Thanks for all the help and listening to my rant. If anybody wants her make me a reasonable offer I'm fed up.

You will need to have the codes read, but sometimes the impact sensors go bad. You can only tell by getting the code read, try a place like autozone who will have the right code reader that can read SIR codes

I've seen this before on my 05 & it was a sensor in the front bumper. A shop read the codes for me & told me which sensor it was. Their quote for replacement was like $250. But Amazon had them for under $20 shipped.
Good luck

Back