• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Problems with 2006 AV Heater

rollincode3

Howdy Folks,

I have a 2006 AV LT with 89k miles and have started having a problem with the heater. I searched around the forum but didn't really see anything that addressed my specific problem so I'm hoping someone can reply and help me. I'm. It mechanically inclined sonplease...bany steps. :)

I was on a 90 minute drive this morning and had the floor heater and defroster on. The temp was set at 90 degrees and with low airflow. About 45 minutes into the drive I decided it was a bit warm and I turned off the defroster, switched the air flow from floor to the upper vents and turned the temp down to 70 degrees on both driver and passenger side. A few minutes later I decided that was too cold and turned the temp up to 80 degrees but no heat came out! I have only been able to get cold air to blow since, regardless of temp setting or how high or low it blows.

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is? Please don't say heater core.... an $1100 bill at Christmas was not on the budget...

Thanks!
Justin

Back