• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Gaskets for tool/storage on side of bed?

RollerToaster

Been searching, my 02's gaskets seem to have shrunk pretty significantly, and I can't get them to fit over the storage flap/doors.

I haven't been able to find a part number or parts cache that lists them?

Had the same problem...I just cut mine, now there is about a 1 inch gap. But at least they will stay in the channels now.

I don't know for sure but you may want to try this company for seals and gaskets etc.:
http://www.steelerubber.com/

old skool said:
Had the same problem...I just cut mine, now there is about a 1 inch gap. But at least they will stay in the channels now.

Are they supposed to be one big loop? If so someone did that to mine already too.

If you want OEM here is the part #  88944066  (y)

Joeairforce said:
Are they supposed to be one big loop? If so someone did that to mine already too.

Yep...one big loop. They seem to shrink over time, and then they are impossible keep in the channel. An after thought is to heat them up in the sun or microwave may stretch them out.

What's interesting is they both show the same part number, I wonder... 88944066

Randy said:
What's interesting is they both show the same part number, I wonder... 88944066

I know. Because the one that comes up is the $100 one for the panel. There's no way the little one for the saddlebag is $100.

It obvious it a common molding used it other places, steel rubber probably has this by the foot.  R.   

Joeairforce said:
I know. Because the one that comes up is the $100 one for the panel. There's no way the little one for the saddlebag is $100.

You're right.

According to my notes, the factory seal for an '08 would be over $600, because it isn't serviced separately from the lid. (per, the dealer)

Part #'s  25810815 & 16.

Neither were the 02-06, you could find a part number which were never available. You had to buy the entire panel

Back