• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2nd gen on 1st gen

JVZL1

PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
So the damage that I did to my upper cladding I?m looking at replacing.
I know the 2nd gen is black. I have a 2nd gen set of panels that are in real
good shape that I use. When I use the R&R you really can?t see the difference
in the upper cladding and panels. So will all the 2nd gen upper cladding fit on my 1st gen?
I know the tailgates are different. Being if I replace all the upper just looking for
the best condition and best buy. 

Yes the textured cladding will fit.

Now if you go with the smoothed cladding you will have to change all the cladding including the saddle bag doors

MS03 2500 thanks for the reply. No I'm staying with the texture.

So now #1 on my bucket list.

I think there  is one hardware difference.  The front latches on the forward bed panel is different on second generation.  It should be an easy swap to switch out the piece that is a fixed to the bed itself.

frito said:
I think there  is one hardware difference.  The front latches on the forward bed panel is different on second generation.  It should be an easy swap to switch out the piece that is a fixed to the bed itself.

Yes mid year they changed the 2nd gen 07. So you will find some 2nd gen 07's with the
1st gen latch.
Did not have accesses to the 2ng gen AVY so I just switched panel latches.   
Just be careful the screws are different lengths and the panels strips very easy.  :E:

Back