• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

help with replacement turn assembly 2006

JrBean

Hi I have a 2006 with cladding, and ordered a replacement drivers side front turn signal assembly from parts geek.  But it's obviously not the right part, as the inside edge of the replacement is curved, and the outside edge is the wrong angle.  And the inside behind the lens looks different too.  Anybody know a good part number and a good source?

I've attached pics of my truck's "boo boo" caused by my wife's Charger.  Interestingly, the Charger received over $1500 worth of damage.  Avalanche wins.  :)

I've also attached a pic of the part I ordered and received that obviously is not right.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 5.40.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 5.40.01 PM.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 35
  • light.jpg
    light.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 34
That's actually your headlight assembly, not the turn signal. 
http://www.headlightsdepot.com/products.php?sku=GM237-B001L&gclid=CKOUy9q849ACFQ-DaQodz6YEVA#.WEi7QuYrI2w

The turn signal you ordered looks to be for the model without body cladding.

I don't know whether to be embarrassed, or just grateful for the correction and help.  I'll choose a little of the first  :rolleyes: and a lot of the second  (y)

Just as an fyi for the future.  For things such as light assemblies, it will show as working on '02 through '06 for cladded trucks.  They didn't introduce the uncladded option until '03.  This doesn't apply to the cladding itself as the cor changed in '03. 

frito said:
Just as an fyi for the future.  For things such as light assemblies, it will show as working on '02 through '06 for cladded trucks.  They didn't introduce the uncladded option until '03.  This doesn't apply to the cladding itself as the cor changed in '03. 

Awesome, thanks for the info., that is very helpful!

Back