• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

After-Market Rear Bumper Center Step Protector for '07+

Marty_OH

Does anyone know if there is a replacement/after-market rear bumper center step protector that covers the rear edge of the bumper on an '07+?
I'm looking for something to cover-up a boo-boo I put in my bumper. See pictures.

I don't want to replace the entire bumper. The ballpark estimate I got for a repair is $500-600 because of the Diamond Tri-coat paint.

:damon: (not quite this bad - but, emotionally it felt like it)

4baa551594faf566ace1206f7d69b0d0.jpg

55c3e24d2262c483c78144dfffcb6ad0.jpg

Marty_OH said:
Does anyone know if there is an replacement/after-market rear bumper center step protector that covers the rear edge of the bumper on an '07+?
I'm looking for something to cover-up a boo-boo I put in my bumper. See pictures (when I add them soon)

I don't want to replace the entire bumper. The ballpark estimate I got for a repair is $500-600 because of the Diamond Tri-coat paint.

:damon: (not quite this bad - but, emotionally it felt like it)

Have been looking for something like that since the NewNew body style came out.  We all have boo-boo's.

This was from backing into the corner of the cement block foundation of my house.

I've had a lot of additional close calls when connecting/dis-connecting trailers. It would be nice to have a protector that would cover the entire center section below the center step pad.

Get one of those things that looks like a bumper that fits into your hitch...

Search for Hitch Step and profit....

You might try making one from sheets aluminum or stainless steel to cover that area of the bumper. I would have a section cut to fit then install with 3M VHB double sided tape.
I thought maybe that damage was from someone stepping on bumper, surprised you ignored the backup sensors and camera warnings and hit something........
A hitch step bumper will help if just backing or in a parking lot but not when trying to hitch to a trailer and not for the area you damaged.....
Here is a photo of what I first used on my 2008 that was transfered from my 2004, I found out it interfered with the sensors and would send out false alarms so I switched to a smaller lighted one that is of similar design to ward of people in a parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0046 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
I was maneuvering back & forth and trying to "hug" up against something on my passenger side. I was mainly looking at the passenger side rear view mirror. I pretty much "blocked" the sensor warnings and rear camera view out of my mind.

In other words, I ignored them & screwed up big time.

Back