• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2012 Remote Start issue

maximus16v

Hi All

I have a 2012 Alalanche LT and as of yesterday when I use the remote start the truck runs but the heat and heated seats are off. Was working fine the other day and its getting very very cold up here would like to have the remotes start work. Tried both remotes no difference. Any ideas? Thanks!

I've never had an issue with this on either my previous 2010 Avalanche or with the current 2013.

Is it possible the HAVC SnowFlake Icon is turned Off? It is usually the simple and later all too obvious for this type of issue.

If you have automatic climate control, double check that it's in Auto before exiting vehicle.

Also, the colder it gets, more likely it is that heater won't be on when you climb into vehicle, after remote start.  Believe it doesn't turn on until coolant temperature reaches a certain point.  

Nick@Night said:
If you have automatic climate control, double check that it's in Auto before exiting vehicle.

Also, the colder it gets, more likely it is that heater won't be on when you climb into vehicle, after remote start.  Believe it doesn't turn on until coolant temperature reaches a certain point.  

Oh maybe that's what it is. It was -25 to -30 Celsius up here. But the heated seats weren't on either. But that's the temp when you want to use the remote start lol!

I have an oil change this week at the dealer I'll confirm with them this is the case.

Bad thing about factory remote start is the short 10 minute window, before it shuts off.

You can extend it to another 10 minutes, but have to wait until nearly the end of the first period to get the full benefit of the extra 10.  Too much babysitting.

Seems like the seats should be on, assuming the vehicle is still running.  Had warranty work performed on driver's seat because it was shutting off.

Mine's an '08.  What does your owners manual say?

EDIT:  Accessed the '12 manual.  As expected, (in Auto) the fan delay is based on coolant temperature.  After that, comfort is based on temperature setting, outside temperature sensor located behind the front grill, solar sensor located on the defrost grille, & interior temperature sensor located next to the steering wheel.

If the truck is still running, the seats should be on.

Back