• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Gauge cluster and Check engine light problems

a_l_existence

Long story short:
Check engine light comes one and codes states needs new Oil Pressure sensor.  Oil pressure gauge goes everywhere but normal
Change oil pressure sensor, but check engine stays on and oil gauge still does whatever it wants to do.
A month later, all my gauges (except speedometer and rpms) kind of do whatever they want.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they are all way off.
Was told by auto store that I just need a new gauge cluster.  The only reason I am double checking is if the check engine light is being sent from the computer, is the computer the one messing up all my gauges? or is the faulty cluster causing the computer confusion?

Faulty Cluster and check engine light are not related. Need to get your codes read.

You can get your cluster rebuilt reasonably at dashdr.com and he gives lifetime warranty on them.

Think I paid $150 for mine but he is local to me so I dropped it off and 2 hours later picked it back up and he had replaced all the motors, replaced the bad capacitors and soldered in new LED's to replace the ones I installed poorly.

He also fixed the temp readout on my mirror too.

Rodney

When I had the codes re-read, it was still showing the oil pressure sensor faulty.  I would try a manual oil pressure gauge, but the position of the sensor on the back of the block is one of the worst places possible.  I will take it by and get them read again.

Back