• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How much lift to fit 22x14 wheels

jay g

Does any one know how big of a lift I need to run 22x14 wheels, 4.5 back space, and -76mm offset. And I want to run 32 inch or 33 inch tires?

I don't want to rain on your parade here, but have you looked for a tire yet? I don't know of anyone that makes a 33" x 14.5 or 15 for a 22. The only tire that I know of that will get you close is the Nitto Trail Grappler in a 355/40/22 (roughly 33 1/4" x 14 1/4")
Not to mention, hanging 10+ inches of wheel/tire combo outside the hub mounting flange is going to murder your suspension components.
I don't think lift is going to be your problem as much as the lateral difference of the leading and trailing edge (shoudler) when turning as compared to the stock setup.
I'm not saying don't do it, it'll prob. look sweet, I run a 12.5" wide tire on an 11" rim with a -44 but have destroyed basically all of my suspension components and hubs and upgraded them all along the way.
I just want you to be prepared to spend some more cash following your lift if you plan to go this route.
If nothing else, I'd suggest sway bars, bushings and end links as well in addition to whatever lift you choose right off the bat. Body roll is the biggest enemy when it comes to tire rub.
I guess I don't have a real answer to your question as I've never seen a low aspect ratio tire that wide, but good luck.

Don't most of us run a 32" tire without any lift at all?

The question is whether or not you can even get a tire that size to fit that size wheel.

I run 10" wide wheels with 285 series tires at stock tire diameter on my cladded 03 and get rubbing at the back of the wheel well when turning at full steering wheel lock.  My wheels have a fair amount of - offset but it looks like these will stick out quite a bit more than mine, which will make the rubbing at full lock worse.  To run those wheels I'd say you are going to have to lift at least 3", maybe twice that amount or more.

I have a 2002, I was going for the wider stance look, maybe there's a different way.
Not sure if I want to go the wheel adapter way?

Back