• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Remote start does not heat up seats

thirstbuster

Hi All

Have an 08 Z71 5.3L.  Heated seats work fine when I start them manually, but they don't work via remote start.  The buttons light up to full, but it never gets hot.  Once I get in and drive it only takes a few minutes to heat up, but it is bloody cold where I live, and this is pretty inconvenient.  Any suggestions?

Not sure how long you've owned this particular vehicle, but the heated seats on the GMT-900's are self regulating, & designed to operate at lower temperatures than the older trucks (when activated via remote start.)

On top of that,  the BCM will reduce power if it senses a weak battery.

Any way you slice it, the seats probably won't be any hotter than lukewarm, after a remote start.

The one bad thing about parking in a garage... the AVY has to sense mid-30s or lower outside temps for the remote start to click on the seats.

Try putting a blanket or spare jacket on the seat. I didn't have remote start on my '04 so I'd keep a down vest or coat in the truck. Put that over your lap when you get in. Seats covered might heat by remote, your lap covered they should heat quick plus it holds the heat in.

I don't have remote start, but occasionally I will park outside overnight and start it for 10 minutes to melt snow/ice off the windshield.  For whatever reason, even though I turn on the seat heater, it never really seems to get warm until I sit in the truck and start driving...    I think maybe the extra air pocket that exists in the seat when no one is mushing it down dissipates the heat or something... 

On days that I just start it and go, the seat warms up in about a minute flat...    after 10 minutes I usually turn it down a notch.  My elements only seem to last about 5 years before they burn up... I've changed driver side back and bottom elements twice each.

Back