• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear glass repurpose?

72Fleet

Just recently purchased a 2004 Z-71. The frame around the rear glass was broken so I have replaced it with new. Before I dispose of the old glass, has anyone re-purposed the glass for something else? just thought someone might have a neat idea for it since it cannot be fixed but might be good for something. Coffee table top? Dog house window? Or toss it. Thanks.

I would take the glass out and hit it with a punch and watch it explode, that would make a great youtube video.  Then I would JB weld the frame together and put some screening in the frame, that would be great for summertime driving.

Plastic broken in the lower rear drivers corner. Glass is fine. When the frame snapped the solder joints also broke off the window heat strips.
I guess I can throw away.

That is what I mean the glass is worthless, JB Weld is a very strong glue. Glue the frame back together and put screening in it. You will really like when it's hot outside.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,98201.0.html

I've been mulling around the idea of getting the same decals I have on the replacement, put them on, then hanging it on my garage/shop wall (or ceiling) for decoration.  While not the most ingenious idea ever, it's all I've come up with for now. 

Attachments

• Finished 3% Punisher-Edited.jpg
    Finished 3% Punisher-Edited.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 91
Put some legs on it and turn it into the Man Cave Coffee Table...

MS03 2500 said:
That is what I mean the glass is worthless, JB Weld is a very strong glue. Glue the frame back together and put screening in it. You will really like when it's hot outside.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,98201.0.html

(y)

72Fleet said:
Thinking I might like the table

You could do that, or mount it on the wall and use it to hold various stickers if you collect them.

One of our members has a piece of Plexi-glass that he exchanges for his back glass when he attends Get Togethers that is covered with different event stickers from events he has been to.

It might also make a good conversation piece. I would hate for someone to just throw it away. Then again, I tend to keep everything.  :laugh:

Back