• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Headlight/Grill Upgrade for 2004 AV with Cladding

Sontours

New to the forum.
I have been searching but have not been able to find a good answer but please forgive me if I missed a post that answers this.
I am a new owner of a 2004 AV with cladding. The headlights are foggy and cracked, the turn signals are too. The grill has one section broke out. I would like to replace it all, but am not sure what the options are.
Cladding appears to be the thing that makes it more difficult for improvements.
What have you guys done?
Once again sorry if I missed a post that explains this.

Thanks,
Phil in IL

You are correct. There are a lot fewer lighting options for the cladded models. The non-cladded models have essentially the same front end as the '02-'06 Silverado. I did an LED front light upgrade on mine from Anzo. I know the taillights are interchangeable, but the front lights are completely different.Your best bet may be to get stock replacement housings and put in LED bulbs. In terms of the grille, I think there are probably plenty of billet and mesh inserts you can get, but if the grille shell itself is cracked, you may have to get a new stock piece. Seems like gmpartsdirect.com has a lot of hard-to-find replacement parts. You might want to check there. For aftermarket stuff, try Summit or AutoAnything.com. Hope this helps, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was any other real options. I will check my local boneyards too to see if I can find a grill and or an AV that was wrecked from behind. So far all I have found are ones with smashed fronts.

Thanks,

Phil

Back