• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hub bearing question

edh19

I'm having a abs issue with it activating at low speed . I'm towing my 2006 2500 Ave from jersey to Florida come February I'm thinking about skf hub bearings any recommendations

Are you getting any codes?

If you are not getting any codes then it is likely that you have rust in the speed sensor area and if you can clean it out you will be golden. A coworker had the same issue and he was able to buy new speed sensors for like $15 apiece and clean up the hubs. There is quite a bit of information about this for GM pickups in general since this is a well known issue.

Replacing the hubs apparently WILL fix the issue too but not necessarily needed.

No codes just the activation. It pulls to the right when it activates

If pulling to right then sounds like the speed sensor on the left is acting up.

Not sure what to search for but search for something like GM Truck rust on speed sensors and pull up some information.

Apparently bad design allows rust to build up and throws off the sensor. There are numerous threads that discuss this and how to fix it.Worst case is to replace the hub assembly but you SHOULD be able to just clean it in a manner mentioned in the threads about this issue.

Rodney

Back