• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

High wind noise with moonroof open?

ngrome

So on one of the relatively warm days, meaning above 20 degrees, I popped the moonroof open while driving and I don't know if it was just the wind conditions but the noise was unbearable, having even some uneven pressure in my ears, plugging them up.  Did you guys ever experience that or is that typical of the Avalanche?

There is a deflector that pops up in the front. When rolled back. 
Most are broke or have been removed. I crack the back windows to help.
Rolled back or popped up. I have never checked for aftermarket deflector.
I?ve installed them on other rigs I?ve owned.

WeatherTech used to make one, but I think it's a stationary installation over the front edge of the opening.

JVZL1 said:
There is a deflector that pops up in the front. When rolled back. 
Most are broke or have been removed. I crack the back windows to help.
Rolled back or popped up. I have never checked for aftermarket deflector.
I?ve installed them on other rigs I?ve owned.

What he said...

What has already been said.

In addition, some have reported noisy conditions if the crossbars on the roof rack are all the way forward.

My front cross bar is full forward, but I have never noticed any extra noise to speak of.

Most likely, as mentioned above, your pop-up air deflector is either missing or broken.

EXT4ME said:
What has already been said.

In addition, some have reported noisy conditions if the crossbars on the roof rack are all the way forward.

My front cross bar is full forward, but I have never noticed any extra noise to speak of.

Most likely, as mentioned above, your pop-up air deflector is either missing or broken.

(y)

Well never search before so they are out there.

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/20A10038A1.aspx

Back